The Academy of Surgical Research welcomes advertisements. Posting fee is $50 per advertisement for current ASR members, $100 per advertisement for non-members. Each posting will be active for 6 months, or until the posted position becomes unavailable, at which time it becomes the responsibility of the advertising company to contact ASR with instructions to remove their ad from the Web site.
If you have an employment opportunity that you would like to post, please submit on-line:
ASR Member Job Posting
ASR Non-Member Job Posting
Job Title: Director - Surgical Research
Company/Organization: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Director - Surgical Research
Hand in hand.
We pursue our purpose.
What we do at Anne Arundel Medical Center has everything to do with who we are. How we work alongside one another, with big goals for innovative, data-driven, patient-centric healthcare. We believe in our ability – and agility – to change tomorrow in ways that matter to all people. Our regional health center is moving fast and you can come along. Join us in working side by side and hand in hand, in true collaboration, in a place that will capture your heart and mind.
The Department of Surgery supports advanced surgical research in various areas including surgical education, human factors, and ergonomics as it impacts surgeons and the perioperative domain.
As Director, you will assume responsibility for managing the Surgical Research in collaboration with the chairman of surgery, Dr. Adrian Park. The Director will have oversight of a team of research fellows and clinical research coordinators, as well as access to the James and Sylvia Earl SAIL Center, a world-class simulation center, ergonomics lab, and training facility.
We’re seeking an individual who can foster cross-disciplinary research at multiple levels, and lead the continued development of surgical research at AAMC.
- Develop and execute research initiatives of the Department of Surgery as well as work to develop academic pursuits of their own that align with organizational needs and goals
- Plan, direct, and evaluate extramural and collaborative research, and advance individual surgical research efforts in collaboration with the Chairman of Surgery and their proxies
- Collaborate with other surgical divisions as well as foster collaborative efforts involving both funded and non-funded projects in support of relevant scientific/scholarly activities
- Maintain communication with leading medical and scientific directors, private organizations, and professional societies, and with leading researchers and clinicians in research, in relevant fields
- Liaison with various industry groups as a participant, panelist and/or spokesperson as may be required periodically
- Five years of management experience in one or more of the following: cognition; psychology; kinematics; ergonomics; cognitive ergonomics; surgical education; simulation-based research; and or other similar related fields
- PhD with specialization in Human Factors or a related field and experience in psychometrics is preferred
Located in Annapolis, Maryland, Anne Arundel Medical Center is ideally situated in the center of American history, within easy reach to the region’s most vibrant cities. We are a modern and sophisticated destination for diverse lifestyles. Our location is part of the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area and also considered the gateway to the Chesapeake Bay and the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
To learn more about this opportunity to join us, please visit https://www.aamccareers.org/job/8044211/director-surgical-research-regular-full-time-annapolis-md/
Anne Arundel Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace including sexual orientation and gender identity.
Job Title: Senior Research Associate
Company/Organization: Powered Research
Full-Time Senior Research Associate
Powered Research is looking for a full-time Sr. Research Associate for our ophthalmology programs with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task across parallel projects while meeting deadlines. Our company is rapidly growing, and we are looking for a smart, hardworking individual that can grow with us and continuously take on additional responsibilities. This position comes with a benefits package including health insurance, PTO, 401K, and paid company holidays.
- Ability to handle and work with animals (e.g. rodent, rabbit, and swine)
- Oversight and collection of samples as outlined in the study protocol
- Assist with pre-clinical procedures
- Perform anesthesia, monitoring and recovery of all species
- Prepare labels and tubes for tissue collection and storage
- Prepare and process samples for shipment
- Write and maintain SOPs
- Perform data and image analysis as needed
- Continuously communicate and provide on time schedule monitoring to Study Directors and customers
- Ensure proper execution of client studies
- Capacity planning, forecasting, and scheduling across the entire staff
- Serving as liaison between Study Directors, clients, husbandry staff, and surgeons
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree with 2+ years of research experience, or Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years research/laboratory experience specific to preclinical research
- Experience in performing small and large animal models in research
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to learn new scientific research areas
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, Prism)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand deadlines and commitments
- Willingness and ambition to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Ocular experience a plus
Powered Research, LLC.
PO Box 14466
RTP, NC 27709
Justin Prater will be attending this years ASR meeting in Charleston and able to meet with potential applicants.
Job Title: Surgical Technician
Company/Organization: Sinclair Research Center
Sinclair Research offers specialty biomedical research services in a large range of species encompassing most categories of applied human and veterinary medicine. Our uniqueness includes our broad experience, the availability of multiple animal models, and the largest herds of miniature swine in the United States. We strive to retain our customers through competitive cost, strong communication, timeliness, and responsive programs.
We are dedicated to our employees and treat our staff like family. We offer competitive benefits including a bonus program and educational assistance. If you love to be greeted when you walk down the halls, enjoy time with your coworkers socially, and want to get comfy in some scrubs we are the company for you.
What we’re looking for:
Our expertise and services continue to expand and we are excited to add an experienced Surgical Technician to our Veterinary Team. If you love working with animals and enjoy the medical and scientific aspect of veterinary care this is the perfect role for you. You will assist our Staff Veterinarians during operations within a pre-clinical research setting testing for the safety and efficacy of new pharmaceuticals and medical device products. This will include performing diagnostic tests, pre and post-operating preparations, assisting during surgery, placing catheters, conducting radiographs, and handling and preparing surgical specimens for both small and large animals.
What you’ll need:
Two years of surgical experience is required with preference given to those with Surgical Technician and/or Veterinary Technician Certification. The Contract Research Organization is a fast-paced environment inclined towards rapid change and growth. Those with high level communication skills and the abilities to pivot quickly and muti-task will thrive. If you love the challenge of something new every day and being on the go this position IS the next step in your career!
Apply today at SinclairResearch.com/About-Us/Careers
Job Title: Surgical Lab Technician
Company/Organization: Charles River Laboratories
We are seeking an experienced Surgical Lab Technician for our Safety Assessment site located in Shrewsbury, MA.
The Surgical Lab Technician will be responsible for surgical technical duties, intermediate and advanced surgical procedures. They will also perform or assist in study related and colony surgical procedures and provide training in the operations of advanced surgical equipment.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Surgical Lab Technician position.
Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D).
Experience: 5 years related experience in a surgical setting.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Certification/Licensure: A.H.T. or licensed Veterinary Technician preferred.
Other: Knowledge of basic surgical equipment. Analytical math skills for dose prep and anesthetic procedures. Must be able to handle multiple tasks, detail oriented and have good organizational skills.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.criver.com/job/Shrewsbury-Surgical-Lab-Technician-MA-01545/500931400/
Job Title: Veterinary Technician II
Company/Organization: Charles River Laboratories
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician II for our Safety Assessment site located in Shrewsbury, MA.
Under the direction of veterinary staff, maintain and monitor the health and physical environment of Charles River or external customer animals involving complex instructions and requiring technical expertise. Assist veterinary staff in the documentation and triage of all laboratory animal health cases. May also perform technical in-life procedures.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Veterinary Technician II position.
Education: Graduate of a collegiate veterinary technology program accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Training Activities or equivalent program in veterinary technology.
Experience: 3-5 years related experience working with animals in a pre-clinical laboratory or clinical setting; experience working in a CRO with multi-species preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above if the individual is credentialed as a Certified Veterinary Technician.
Certification/Licensure: LVT license or CVT/RVT certification preferred. Uncertified candidates will be required to receive certification within 12-18 months. AALAS certification desired.
Other: Demonstrate understanding of Standard Operating Procedures. Excellent organizational, time management and recordkeeping skills. Basic word processing skills required. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must be proficient in routine veterinary technical and husbandry techniques.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.criver.com/job/Shrewsbury-Veterinary-Technician-II-MA-01545/499720600/
Job Title: Supervisor 2, Veterinary Clinical Services
Company/Organization: Yale University
Supervisor 2, Veterinary Clinical Services
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Reporting to the Manager of Veterinary Clinical Services, with the latitude for professional and managerial discretion and judgment, this position manages the surgical program within the VCS unit. General duties of this position include the following: supervising the VCS veterinary technologists, providing specialized technical assistance with anesthesia or surgical technique, performing procedures for investigators to facilities research, writing and revising Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that pertain to anesthesia and surgery, and developing and implementing the anesthesia and surgical training program for VCS technologists. The candidate will be responsible for identifying and implementing methods to continually enhance operational efficiency, consistency and effectiveness of the operations within the Unit.
The veterinary service operates 24 hours per day, 365 days a year and, thus, requires the manager to work and/or be available for extended hours including evening, weekends and holidays. This includes the care of post-operative animals if technician support is not available or not adequate for the level of care required.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field plus three years of related work or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Licenses or Certifications: Must have CT driver’s license.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/2NtZAPo. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
- Ability to regularly exercise independent judgment and teach others in surgery with regards to anesthetic monitoring during various major and complex surgeries.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced veterinary technology, procedures and protocols with a commitment to continuing education.
- Excellent writing, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate leadership ability with the health care team and to provide work guidance, instruction or orientation of others.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Veterinary Technician Specialist designated by 1.) Academy of Laboratory Animal Technicians and Nurses, 2.) Academy of Veterinary Surgical Technicians, or 3.) Academy of Veterinary Technicians in Anesthesia and Analgesia or Academy of Surgical Research certification.
- Preferred Licenses or Certifications: Laboratory Animal Technologist Certification (AALAS), Certified Veterinary Technician (or equivalent).
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Job Title: Vet Technician, Specialist
Company/Organization: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Vet Technician, Specialist
The Research Animal Resource Center (RARC) provides staff and facilities to effect the humane care and use of animals used in research and teaching at MSKCC. It's goal is to provide the highest-quality care to the animals in their charge in order to enhance the research conducted using animal models at Memorial Sloan Kettering. Our Vet Technician, Specialist performs surgical procedures and other specialized experimental manipulations for investigative staff and provides training in these techniques to investigative staff and RARC personnel.
- Follow departmental SOP’s as well as institutional, local, state, and federal regulations and AAALAC standards, performs surgical procedures and specialized experimental manipulations at the request of investigators or RARC veterinarians. Specific procedures are to be performed primarily in small animal species (e.g. mouse, rat, guinea pig)
- Perform routine operation in EnCCoMPass Census, and Protocol applications and is able to provide assistance to investigators regarding these applications when necessary.
- Assist RARC veterinarians and investigators with the development of surgical procedures and experimental models to accommodate protocols at MSKCC and
- Perform rounds and monitors animals to assess their health and well-being. Independently evaluates and assesses common disease conditions and reports problems as appropriate Contacts investigators regarding health and welfare issues via EnCCoMPass Health, email and/or telephone. Is fully proficient in the use of EnCCoMPass
- Manage research projects at the request of investigators or RARC veterinarians.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Science, Veterinary Technology, Animal Health Science, or Life and/or Natural Sciences with 4-7 years of experience in laboratory animal medicine and science
- AALAS certification at the Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) level or Academy of Surgical Research (ASR)
In order to apply for this position please click on the below link:
Job Title: Clinical Veterinarian
The Clinical Research Veterinarian provides clinical management of surgical subjects in our contract research laboratory. As the clinical leader in the Operating Room environment, the Clinical Veterinarian assists in planning and checking the work of surgical technicians, works directly with the client’s research team on protocol development and is responsible for meeting all protocol requirements. The incumbent will oversee and provide clinical health maintenance of all laboratory animal colonies.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PREFERRED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Provides daily oversight of preventative medicine program, medical treatments and post-operative care of surgical subjects.
- Ability to perform cut downs for vascular access and other surgical techniques as needed
- Circulate through ORs providing veterinary support to clients as needed
- Interacts with clients during client meetings to offer support and direction for specific client needs
- Act as Study Director and liaison between company and client for general animal health and recovery during overall study period
- Support pathology services by performing necropsies and explants per protocol
- Support, facilitate and enhance OR operations duties
- Write and review SOPs for OR operations
- Report writing for GLP studies and other studies as requested
- Rotating weekend on call
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and/or technical advances in the fields of laboratory animal medicine, and related disciplines
- Has working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices, veterinary and laboratory animal science
- Active participation in professional societies
- Other duties as assigned
Apply by email email@example.com
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) from an AVMA accredited program
- Licensed by or ability to be licensed by the California State Board of Veterinary Medicine
- Experience in a GLP PreClinical CRO is preferred
- General knowledge of laboratory animal medicine and surgical/anesthesia techniques
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice regulations
- Broad understanding of USDA animal welfare regulations and AAALAC guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in as team or matrix environment
- Self-starter with a “can do” attitude and ability to analyze problems and identify creative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Title: Technical Sales Representative
Company/Organization: SAI Infusion Technologies
SAI Infusion Technologies is looking for an experienced surgeon to join our sales team. Preference will be given to candidates with sales and surgical experience.
Technical Sales Representative
This highly visible position will utilize market knowledge, customer interactions, and competitive intelligence to develop:
All of this is in service of increasing customer base, market recognition and profitable revenue.
- strong customer relationships built on technical knowledge and a “customer first” mentality
- increased sales in a defined territory or product group
- new products that bring added value to both customer and the company
Regular customer outreach via telephone, e-mail or face-to-face visits.
Able to recommend product solutions that meet client needs. Understand study requirements, create proposals and contracts, and assist with implementation and troubleshooting where needed.
- Become competent and effective in using CRM system, use it to plan activities and analyze client data
- Contribute contacts from industry relationships, categorize leads based on potential and set follow-up activities accordingly
- Participate in tradeshows, workshops and seminars to engage new contacts and develop existing leads
- Convert contacts into clients by creating targeted presentations, making face-to-face visits, and uncovering promotional opportunities to get them onboard
For the territory or product group, increase sales revenue, customer engagement and range of products being sold.
- Utilize existing tools and information to support client requests. Aid in the development of new marketing materials and messaging that streamline the client support process.
- Combine existing knowledge with willingness to research answers. Be willing to use a combination of in-house and out-of-house resources to assist customers.
- Recommend products and options to customers. Must be able to explain the product options and why they best fit client protocols.
- Create proposals and quotes with attention to detail.
- Look for unique solutions to client needs, including new products, scheduled orders, or rent/lease-to-own.
- Work with clients and colleagues to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
Use customer interactions to recommend new products and process improvements. Formalize these recommendations as part of a monthly sales report.
- Territory or product group will be assigned according to experience.
- Use client outreach including calling, e-mailing and face-to-face visits to obtain new customers.
- Capitalize on relationships with existing customers to cross-sell related items.
- Listen and engage with customers and competitors to gain information on market conditions and competitive intelligence.
- Be vigilant for product development/improvement ideas from customers, competitors and external markets (such as medical devices)
- When requested, or at least once per month, formally state recommendations in a written report.
- Execute daily tasks associated with implementation of the plan, including developing tools, training platforms, videos, copywriting and written sales and training procedures for both staff and clients.
CRM system- Review, add, edit and manage accounts. Utilize dashboard features to visualize the sales process. Consistently and completely enter client information
Constant Contact- compose, create and send e-mail marketing materials including newsletters, promotions, and announcements. Develop targeted lists for specific market segments/campaigns. Track and analyze response rates, use the data to modify future efforts.
Shopify- review, add and edit e-commerce website. Establish and implement changes that make the site more user friendly. Analyze customer and product data, and use this to drive sales and promotional activities.
ERP system- Utilize sales data to determine trends in revenue, profitability and customer preferences. Be able to answer customer questions regarding stock, lead times, and expected ship dates.
Skills and Behaviors-
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Champion for the product, people and company. Consistently explains the benefits in a way that inspires clients and accurately portrays the company vision.
- Extremely customer oriented. Displays an ability to see from the customer’s point of view and reacts in accordance with this view.
- Able to share with others (both internal and external) our products, their benefits and limitations, and how the products will be positioned within the marketplace, in a meaningful and relevant way.
- Confident and competent in communicating with customers, partners and vendors. Delivers presentations, product demonstrations and training in clear and engaging manner.
- Is able to teach and train others from a variety of educational and technical backgrounds.
- Open and communicative, provides regular reports to executive team, sales team operations, and clients.
- Able to strategize, taking into account both the overall plan and the steps necessary to implement the plan. Can plan as well as execute details of the strategy
- Can make decisions and stick with them. Able to gather relevant data and make decisions in an expedient manner.
- Self-motivated and takes pride in accomplishing tasks that exceed expectations of customers and colleagues.
- Knowledgeable about marketplace, competition and customers. Regularly updates this knowledge through reading, research and analysis of trends.
- Able to prioritize and to use time wisely, efficiently and with little oversight.