The Academy of Surgical Research welcomes advertisements. Posting fee is $50 per advertisement for current ASR members, $100 per advertisement for non-members. Each posting will be active for 6 months, or until the posted position becomes unavailable, at which time it becomes the responsibility of the advertising company to contact ASR with instructions to remove their ad from the Web site.
If you have an employment opportunity that you would like to post, please submit on-line:
ASR Member Job Posting
ASR Non-Member Job Posting
Job Title: Technical Sales Representative
Company/Organization: SAI Infusion Technologies
SAI Infusion Technologies is looking for an experienced surgeon to join our sales team. Preference will be given to candidates with sales and surgical experience.
Technical Sales Representative
This highly visible position will utilize market knowledge, customer interactions, and competitive intelligence to develop:
All of this is in service of increasing customer base, market recognition and profitable revenue.
- strong customer relationships built on technical knowledge and a “customer first” mentality
- increased sales in a defined territory or product group
- new products that bring added value to both customer and the company
Regular customer outreach via telephone, e-mail or face-to-face visits.
Able to recommend product solutions that meet client needs. Understand study requirements, create proposals and contracts, and assist with implementation and troubleshooting where needed.
- Become competent and effective in using CRM system, use it to plan activities and analyze client data
- Contribute contacts from industry relationships, categorize leads based on potential and set follow-up activities accordingly
- Participate in tradeshows, workshops and seminars to engage new contacts and develop existing leads
- Convert contacts into clients by creating targeted presentations, making face-to-face visits, and uncovering promotional opportunities to get them onboard
For the territory or product group, increase sales revenue, customer engagement and range of products being sold.
- Utilize existing tools and information to support client requests. Aid in the development of new marketing materials and messaging that streamline the client support process.
- Combine existing knowledge with willingness to research answers. Be willing to use a combination of in-house and out-of-house resources to assist customers.
- Recommend products and options to customers. Must be able to explain the product options and why they best fit client protocols.
- Create proposals and quotes with attention to detail.
- Look for unique solutions to client needs, including new products, scheduled orders, or rent/lease-to-own.
- Work with clients and colleagues to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
Use customer interactions to recommend new products and process improvements. Formalize these recommendations as part of a monthly sales report.
- Territory or product group will be assigned according to experience.
- Use client outreach including calling, e-mailing and face-to-face visits to obtain new customers.
- Capitalize on relationships with existing customers to cross-sell related items.
- Listen and engage with customers and competitors to gain information on market conditions and competitive intelligence.
- Be vigilant for product development/improvement ideas from customers, competitors and external markets (such as medical devices)
- When requested, or at least once per month, formally state recommendations in a written report.
- Execute daily tasks associated with implementation of the plan, including developing tools, training platforms, videos, copywriting and written sales and training procedures for both staff and clients.
CRM system- Review, add, edit and manage accounts. Utilize dashboard features to visualize the sales process. Consistently and completely enter client information
Constant Contact- compose, create and send e-mail marketing materials including newsletters, promotions, and announcements. Develop targeted lists for specific market segments/campaigns. Track and analyze response rates, use the data to modify future efforts.
Shopify- review, add and edit e-commerce website. Establish and implement changes that make the site more user friendly. Analyze customer and product data, and use this to drive sales and promotional activities.
ERP system- Utilize sales data to determine trends in revenue, profitability and customer preferences. Be able to answer customer questions regarding stock, lead times, and expected ship dates.
Skills and Behaviors-
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Champion for the product, people and company. Consistently explains the benefits in a way that inspires clients and accurately portrays the company vision.
- Extremely customer oriented. Displays an ability to see from the customer’s point of view and reacts in accordance with this view.
- Able to share with others (both internal and external) our products, their benefits and limitations, and how the products will be positioned within the marketplace, in a meaningful and relevant way.
- Confident and competent in communicating with customers, partners and vendors. Delivers presentations, product demonstrations and training in clear and engaging manner.
- Is able to teach and train others from a variety of educational and technical backgrounds.
- Open and communicative, provides regular reports to executive team, sales team operations, and clients.
- Able to strategize, taking into account both the overall plan and the steps necessary to implement the plan. Can plan as well as execute details of the strategy
- Can make decisions and stick with them. Able to gather relevant data and make decisions in an expedient manner.
- Self-motivated and takes pride in accomplishing tasks that exceed expectations of customers and colleagues.
- Knowledgeable about marketplace, competition and customers. Regularly updates this knowledge through reading, research and analysis of trends.
- Able to prioritize and to use time wisely, efficiently and with little oversight.
Job Title: Director, Surgical Research- Full Time
Company/Organization: Anne Arundel Medical Center
The career opportunities offered throughout Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC) are as unique and diverse as each one of our 4,000+ employees. Join our team to create a healthier tomorrow for yourself and for the one million people who trust us for compassionate quality care.
The Department of Surgery supports advanced surgical research in various areas including surgical education, human factors, and ergonomics as it impacts surgeons and the perioperative domain.
As Director, you will assume responsibility for managing the Surgical Research in collaboration with the chairman of surgery, Dr. Adrian Park. The Director will have oversight of a team of research fellows and clinical research coordinators, as well as access to the James and Sylvia Earl SAIL Center, a world-class simulation center, ergonomics lab and training facility.
We’re seeking an individual who can foster cross-disciplinary research at multiple levels, and lead the continued development of surgical research at AAMC.
- Develop and execute research initiatives of the Department of Surgery as well as work to develop academic pursuits of their own that align with organizational needs and goals
- Plan, direct, and evaluate extramural and collaborative research, and advance individual surgical research efforts in collaboration with the Chairman of Surgery and their proxies
- Collaborate with other surgical divisions as well as foster collaborative efforts involving both funded and non-funded projects in support of relevant scientific/scholarly activities
- Maintain communication with leading medical and scientific directors, private organizations, and professional societies, and with leading researchers and clinicians in research, in relevant fields
- Liaison with various industry groups as a participant, panelist and/or spokesperson as may be required periodically
In addition to the cultural and lifestyle advantages of our beautiful Annapolis location, we offer excellent compensation and benefits. For more information and to apply, visit https://www.aamccareers.org/job/8044211/director-surgical-research-regular-full-time-annapolis-md/
- Five years of management experience in one or more of the following: cognition; psychology; kinematics; ergonomics; cognitive ergonomics; surgical education; simulation-based research; and or other similar related fields
- PhD with specialization in Human Factors or a related field, and experience in psychometrics is preferred
Anne Arundel Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace including sexual orientation and gender identity.
Job Title: Staff Scientist or Senior Staff Scientist
Company/Organization: Bioelectronic Medicine (Translational Neurophysiology Lab)
Staff Scientist or Senior Staff Scientist - Bioelectronic Medicine (Translational Neurophysiology Lab)
The Translational Neurophysiology Laboratory at the Center for Bioelectronic Medicine, headed by Assistant Professor Stavros Zanos MD PhD, focuses on physiological and translational research and development of bioelectronic devices and therapies in small (rodents) and large animal (porcine) models. The lab utilizes a variety of techniques from neurophysiology and cardiovascular physiology, acute and chronic implants, experimental surgical and interventional techniques and bioelectronic systems for closed-loop neural recording and stimulation, both in health and in disease models. The ultimate goal is to develop neuromodulation therapies that will observe the state of the organism and the organ system that is targeted, to deliver individualized treatment of diseases in real-time.
The successful candidate will lead and perform physiology experiments, collect, organize and analyze data, train research staff and publish and present experimental studies. They will also work collaboratively with other investigators to facilitate their scientific research and training. Furthermore, they will participate in various types of institute and community activities and may apply for grant funding and/or patents.
Job Responsibilities Include:
Keywords: neurophysiology, cardiovascular physiology, large animal models, porcine, swine, recording, stimulation, peripheral nerves, chronic implants, surgery, interventional procedures, optogenetics, optical imaging
- Leads and performs research.
- Trains and provides technical and scientific direction to research staff.
- Responsible for the planning, collection, organization, analysis and interpretation of research data related to one ore more projects
- Doctorate degree (Ph.D, M.D. or D.V.M.), required
- Authored/co-authored research papers and/or scientific abstracts, required
- Research (including surgical and/or interventional) experience with large animal models (porcine, dog, sheep, nonhuman primate), required
- Research experience (neurophysiology, cardiovascular physiology) with rodent models, preferred
- In vivo optical imaging and optogenetic stimulation experience, preferred
- Knowledge of data analysis software (e.g. Matlab), preferred
- Please submit a current CV including publications list and cover letter in PDF format to: email@example.com
Job Title: Animal Technician
Company/Organization: Aerotek Scientific
This is Amanda from Aerotek Scientific; I am a recruiter in the industry. I wanted to touch base with you regarding your current work situation and to discuss what you are looking for in potential career opportunities in the future. Also, to see if Aerotek can help you or someone you may know find the ideal situation for in their next move.
Currently I am recruiting on an Animal Technician for a Prestigious academic institution in the Central New Jersey area.
Some responsibilities include:
- Responsible for animal care of all species housed according to specified SOPs including sanitizing all supplies . maintaining clean animal rooms, procedure rooms and other surrounding areas.
- Operating washing machinery ventilated caging, watering systems, bedding dispensing units, full size to table top autoclaves and other animal care equipment.
- Responsible for receiving and maintaining adequate inventory levels of cleaning materials, PPE supplies and bedding materials. Track inventory levels and expiration dates for supplies.
- Responsible for monitoring, documenting and reporting deviations of environmental parameters such room temperature, humidity, lights and air quality.
If you’d like to speak more about the position, or know someone that would be interested, please call me back at 732-447-1655 or forward along my information and attach your most updated resume. Thank you very much and have a great day.
- ALAT Certification is preferred but not needed
- 1 year of experience working with animals
Job Title: Senior Sales and Marketing Representative
Company/Organization: Access Technologies
Under general direction of the President, the Senior Sales and Marketing Representative is responsible for developing new business opportunities and marketing strategies for Access Technologies (AT) / Norfolk Veterinary Products (NVP) to help drive business from the research and veterinary markets. The role is also responsible for contributing to increased revenues and operating income with existing and potential clients. Additionally, the position will work closely with leadership to drive new product development. The new hire for this role will ideally live in the greater Chicago, IL area to work on-site with AT / NVP.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for development, implementation and ongoing leadership of the Sales and Marketing Program
- Consults with CRO’s, Universities, Veterinarians, Veterinary Hospitals, and other organizations to develop new business and strategies
- Develops and implements strategic sales and marketing plans to accommodate company and individual-level business goals.
- Resolves client issues, identifies root causes, and takes steps to prevent similar issues from arising in the future
- Develops, leads, or actively participates in proposal development and delivery
- Reviews market trends to determine and anticipate client needs
- Comfortable delivering sales presentations to key clients
- Maintains strong client relationships; seeks new and increased business opportunities
- Responsible for strategic coordination and leadership across AT/NVP network
- Must be willing to travel (~20%)
Access / Norfolk has a comprehensive benefits program that includes competitive salary, medical, paid time off, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and flexible work time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years experience in sales and marketing or equivalent
- Experience selling to or working with key stakeholders in the animal health industry is preferred
- A self-starter with a proven ability in sales management, sales planning and goal setting
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite
- Strong presentation skills; ability to train others in this area
- Ability to interpret industry trends and competitive information and develop strategies and tactics to respond to changes in the marketplace
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong creativity skills; focused and disciplined
How to Apply:
To be considered for the position, the candidate MUST EMAIL THEIR RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org