The Academy of Surgical Research welcomes advertisements. Posting fee is $50 per advertisement for current ASR members, $100 per advertisement for non-members. Each posting will be active for 6 months, or until the posted position becomes unavailable, at which time it becomes the responsibility of the advertising company to contact ASR with instructions to remove their ad from the Web site.
If you have an employment opportunity that you would like to post, please submit on-line:
ASR Member Job Posting
ASR Non-Member Job Posting
Job Title: Animal Technician
Company/Organization: Aerotek Scientific
This is Amanda from Aerotek Scientific; I am a recruiter in the industry. I wanted to touch base with you regarding your current work situation and to discuss what you are looking for in potential career opportunities in the future. Also, to see if Aerotek can help you or someone you may know find the ideal situation for in their next move.
Currently I am recruiting on an Animal Technician for a Prestigious academic institution in the Central New Jersey area.
Some responsibilities include:
- Responsible for animal care of all species housed according to specified SOPs including sanitizing all supplies . maintaining clean animal rooms, procedure rooms and other surrounding areas.
- Operating washing machinery ventilated caging, watering systems, bedding dispensing units, full size to table top autoclaves and other animal care equipment.
- Responsible for receiving and maintaining adequate inventory levels of cleaning materials, PPE supplies and bedding materials. Track inventory levels and expiration dates for supplies.
- Responsible for monitoring, documenting and reporting deviations of environmental parameters such room temperature, humidity, lights and air quality.
If you’d like to speak more about the position, or know someone that would be interested, please call me back at 732-447-1655 or forward along my information and attach your most updated resume. Thank you very much and have a great day.
- ALAT Certification is preferred but not needed
- 1 year of experience working with animals
Job Title: Senior Sales and Marketing Representative
Company/Organization: Access Technologies
Under general direction of the President, the Senior Sales and Marketing Representative is responsible for developing new business opportunities and marketing strategies for Access Technologies (AT) / Norfolk Veterinary Products (NVP) to help drive business from the research and veterinary markets. The role is also responsible for contributing to increased revenues and operating income with existing and potential clients. Additionally, the position will work closely with leadership to drive new product development. The new hire for this role will ideally live in the greater Chicago, IL area to work on-site with AT / NVP.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for development, implementation and ongoing leadership of the Sales and Marketing Program
- Consults with CRO’s, Universities, Veterinarians, Veterinary Hospitals, and other organizations to develop new business and strategies
- Develops and implements strategic sales and marketing plans to accommodate company and individual-level business goals.
- Resolves client issues, identifies root causes, and takes steps to prevent similar issues from arising in the future
- Develops, leads, or actively participates in proposal development and delivery
- Reviews market trends to determine and anticipate client needs
- Comfortable delivering sales presentations to key clients
- Maintains strong client relationships; seeks new and increased business opportunities
- Responsible for strategic coordination and leadership across AT/NVP network
- Must be willing to travel (~20%)
Access / Norfolk has a comprehensive benefits program that includes competitive salary, medical, paid time off, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and flexible work time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years experience in sales and marketing or equivalent
- Experience selling to or working with key stakeholders in the animal health industry is preferred
- A self-starter with a proven ability in sales management, sales planning and goal setting
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite
- Strong presentation skills; ability to train others in this area
- Ability to interpret industry trends and competitive information and develop strategies and tactics to respond to changes in the marketplace
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong creativity skills; focused and disciplined
How to Apply:
To be considered for the position, the candidate MUST EMAIL THEIR RESUME TO email@example.com
Job Title: Large Animal Surgeon
Company/Organization: Emory University - Atlanta, GA
The goal of this position is to bring in an individual who will be trained to perform neurosurgical experimentation in large animals (swine, sheep, NHP): laminectomies, intrathecal catheter placements, nerve anastomosis, general surgery. Under general supervision, will also maintain medical records and inventory. Two years of previous experience is highly desired. Candidates please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Senior Translational Research Technician
Company/Organization: Missouri Orthopaedic Institute
Missouri Orthopaedic Institute in Columbia, Missouri, is looking for a TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH TECHNICIAN for our Thompson Laboratory for Regenerative Orthopaedics research team.
Job duties include:
Salary: $13.27 - $21.35 (hourly)
- Prepare canine anesthesia room(s) and surgical suite(s) for canine research study interventions
- Perform preoperative canine procedures: catheter placement, administration of preanesthetic drugs, induction/intubation, preparation of surgical site(s)
- Conduct anesthetic monitoring of dogs
- Perform postoperative canine procedures: assessments, medications, bandage changes, surgical site care and suture/staple removal
- Organize the placement and activities of undergraduate students on study days
- Collect blood and urine, process bio specimens
- Perform diagnostic imaging procedures
- Assist with surgical and nonsurgical animal study related procedures
- Manage and restock drug and surgical supplies for canine research studies
- Assist in managing and maintaining research records and reports
The position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts.
Interested in submitting an application?
CALL Lori Clark, RN, Associate Director, Program/Project Operations: 573-884-5135
If no answer, please leave a message and include your callback number and email address.
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.