The Academy of Surgical Research welcomes advertisements. Posting fee is $50 per advertisement for current ASR members, $100 per advertisement for non-members. Each posting will be active for 6 months, or until the posted position becomes unavailable, at which time it becomes the responsibility of the advertising company to contact ASR with instructions to remove their ad from the Web site.
If you have an employment opportunity that you would like to post, please submit on-line:
ASR Member Job Posting
ASR Non-Member Job Posting
Job Title: Preclinical Surgical Specialist
Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
We have a great opportunity for a Surgical Specialist to join our team in San Carlos, CA. This role provides surgical support to client studies in an effort to ensure successful study outcomes and client satisfaction. This role requires a strong command of anesthetic management, pre-op and post care, and familiarity with imaging equipment such as fluoroscopy, x-ray, intravascular and transesophageal ultrasound. Due to the interaction between sponsor and Covance departments, strong communication skills are key to this position. The Surgical Specialist should be able to support the OR Supervisor as needed and perform all OR Technician duties.
Covance's work in developing new therapeutics has an incredible impact on the lives of millions worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work!
What we’re looking for in you:
Why People choose to work at Covance
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field preferred (preferably Animal Science) or equivalent experience.
- Course work in biology, physiology or veterinary technology preferred or equivalent experience.
- Knowledgeable in anatomy and interventional techniques within the cardio, peripheral and neuro vascular areas.
- Experience with assisting in general surgery, cardiovascular and orthopedic procedures preferred.
- Must have strong command of anesthetic management, pre-op and post case and familiarity with imaging equipment including fluoroscopy, x-ray, intravascular, and transesophageal ultrasound.
- Experience using fluoroscopy and ultrasound equipment (IVUS, ICE, TEE, TTE, Vascular).
- Knowledge of interventional radiology techniques a plus. ASR Certification strongly desired at the SRA for Surgical Specialist preferred or equivalent.
At Covance, it’s our people that make us great – it’s what our clients, our partners and, most importantly, what our employees say. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work with extraordinary people with diverse viewpoints. You’ll discover your own outstanding potential as we build an even stronger organization with industry leaders from early development to the clinic and beyond. We help our clients develop medicines that improve health and improve lives of their family and friends.
If interested, apply on line to www.careers.covance.com req# 2018-26005.
Job Title: Veterinarian Technician - Surgical Services
Company/Organization: Charles River/Boston Children's Hospital
We are seeking a Veterinary Technician, Surgical Svcs. for our Insourcing Solutions Department located in Boston, MA.
The following are responsibilities relate to the Veterinary Technician:
Apply online today: https://jobs.criver.com/job/Boston-Veterinary-Technician%2C-Surgical-Svcs_-MA-02108/546161400/
- Reviews and complies with all policies pertaining to the animal care program. Cares for and maintains laboratory animals in accordance with USDA Animal Welfare Act and policies, the “Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals,” and other applicable regulations and policies.
- Works closely with the Veterinarian to perform daily health assessments of the large animals in the Surgical Services Program and maintain all records as needed and associated with this monitoring. Provides animal treatments as instructed by the Veterinarian.
- Performs technical functions required by research protocols, such as daily clinical observations, diagnostic testing, administering medications to post-operative animals and health examinations of sick animals, prior to reporting adverse findings to Veterinarian responsible for that area.
- Provides anesthesia support to all surgical cases. This includes placement of IV catheters, intubation, and administration of anesthetic agents. Provides surgical support to the research staff, e.g. animal handling and restraint, blood and other tissues sample collection, injections, and treatments.
- Responsible for maintaining sterile ORs by cleaning and breaking down at the end of cases. Responsible for making instrument packs, cleaning and autoclaving supplies. Prepares the OR for the next surgical case. Ensures equipment is in working order prior to the start of a case.
- Coordinates and processes orders for animal medications (drugs, anesthetics, analgesics, etc.), documents distribution of same, and provides guidance on recordkeeping requirements.
- Operates equipment and uses supplies according to safety guidelines; performs general housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures. Complies with safety policies and procedures and MSDS guidelines, including those related to biohazards and radioactive substances. Assists with the receipt, stocking and maintenance of supply inventories.
- The following are minimum qualifications related to the Veterinary Technician position:
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Animal Science or Veterinary Technology or Associate’s degree in Veterinary Technology or equivalent college level program preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of one year related animal care and handling experience required, including one year of technical experience as detailed in the essential duties and responsibilities section preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the Laboratory Animal Technician level (LAT) or above OR successful achievement of LAT certification within one (1) year required. AALAS certification at the LATg level is preferred. Veterinary Technician licensure of CVT or LVT preferred.
Job Title: Head of In Vivo Sciences
Company/Organization: Sana Biotechnology / University of London
We are a multi-disciplinary division within Sana Biotech made up of clinicians, tissue engineers, stem cell and molecular biologists whose objective is to generate paradigm changing new cell therapies to save the lives of patients with liver disease.
The successful candidate will build and lead a team who generate the pre clinical proof of concepts for our cell therapies using animal models of liver failure and will (at least initially) be based in London, UK with frequent travel to Boston and San Francisco.
Previous surgical experience using rodent liver models such as partial hepatectomy is highly desirable.
We are willing to out compete any comparable level of remuneration to secure the right candidate.
Contact Information: email@example.com