The Academy of Surgical Research welcomes advertisements. Posting fee is $50 per advertisement for current ASR members, $100 per advertisement for non-members. Each posting will be active for 6 months, or until the posted position becomes unavailable, at which time it becomes the responsibility of the advertising company to contact ASR with instructions to remove their ad from the Web site.
If you have an employment opportunity that you would like to post, please submit on-line:
ASR Member Job Posting
ASR Non-Member Job Posting
Job Title: Head of In Vivo Sciences
Company/Organization: Sana Biotechnology / University of London
We are a multi-disciplinary division within Sana Biotech made up of clinicians, tissue engineers, stem cell and molecular biologists whose objective is to generate paradigm changing new cell therapies to save the lives of patients with liver disease.
The successful candidate will build and lead a team who generate the pre clinical proof of concepts for our cell therapies using animal models of liver failure and will (at least initially) be based in London, UK with frequent travel to Boston and San Francisco.
Previous surgical experience using rodent liver models such as partial hepatectomy is highly desirable.
We are willing to out compete any comparable level of remuneration to secure the right candidate.
Contact Information: email@example.com
Job Title: Surgical Specialist
Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
We have a great opportunity for a Surgical Specialist to join our team in San Carlos, CA. This role provides provides surgical support to client studies in an effort to ensure successful study outcomes and client satisfaction. This role requires a strong command of anesthetic management, pre-op and post care, and familiarity with imaging equipment such as fluoroscopy, x-ray, intravascular and transesophageal ultrasound. Due to the interaction between sponsor and Covance departments, strong communication skills are key to this position. The Surgical Specialist should be able to support the OR Supervisor as needed and perform all OR Technician duties.
Covance's work in developing new therapeutics has an incredible impact on the lives of millions worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work!
What we’re looking for in you:
At Covance, it’s our people that make us great – it’s what our clients, our partners and, most importantly, what our employees say. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work with extraordinary people with diverse viewpoints. You’ll discover your own outstanding potential as we build an even stronger organization with industry leaders from early development to the clinic and beyond. We help our clients develop medicines that improve health and improve lives of their family and friends.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field preferred (preferably Animal Science) or equivalent experience.
- Course work in biology, physiology or veterinary technology preferred or equivalent experience.
- Knowledgeable in anatomy and interventional techniques within the cardio, peripheral and neuro vascular areas.
- Experience with assisting in general surgery, cardiovascular and orthopedic procedures preferred.
- Must have strong command of anesthetic management, pre-op and post case and familiarity with imaging equipment including fluoroscopy, x-ray, intravascular, and transesophageal ultrasound.
- Experience using fluoroscopy and ultrasound equipment (IVUS, ICE, TEE, TTE, Vascular).
- Knowledge of interventional radiology techniques a plus. ASR Certification strongly desired at the SRA for Surgical Specialist preferred or equivalent.
- Why People choose to work at Covance
If interested please visit our website careers.covance.com & apply to req #2018-26005
Job Title: Director - Surgical Research
Company/Organization: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Director - Surgical Research
Hand in hand.
We pursue our purpose.
What we do at Anne Arundel Medical Center has everything to do with who we are. How we work alongside one another, with big goals for innovative, data-driven, patient-centric healthcare. We believe in our ability – and agility – to change tomorrow in ways that matter to all people. Our regional health center is moving fast and you can come along. Join us in working side by side and hand in hand, in true collaboration, in a place that will capture your heart and mind.
The Department of Surgery supports advanced surgical research in various areas including surgical education, human factors, and ergonomics as it impacts surgeons and the perioperative domain.
As Director, you will assume responsibility for managing the Surgical Research in collaboration with the chairman of surgery, Dr. Adrian Park. The Director will have oversight of a team of research fellows and clinical research coordinators, as well as access to the James and Sylvia Earl SAIL Center, a world-class simulation center, ergonomics lab, and training facility.
We’re seeking an individual who can foster cross-disciplinary research at multiple levels, and lead the continued development of surgical research at AAMC.
- Develop and execute research initiatives of the Department of Surgery as well as work to develop academic pursuits of their own that align with organizational needs and goals
- Plan, direct, and evaluate extramural and collaborative research, and advance individual surgical research efforts in collaboration with the Chairman of Surgery and their proxies
- Collaborate with other surgical divisions as well as foster collaborative efforts involving both funded and non-funded projects in support of relevant scientific/scholarly activities
- Maintain communication with leading medical and scientific directors, private organizations, and professional societies, and with leading researchers and clinicians in research, in relevant fields
- Liaison with various industry groups as a participant, panelist and/or spokesperson as may be required periodically
- Five years of management experience in one or more of the following: cognition; psychology; kinematics; ergonomics; cognitive ergonomics; surgical education; simulation-based research; and or other similar related fields
- PhD with specialization in Human Factors or a related field and experience in psychometrics is preferred
Located in Annapolis, Maryland, Anne Arundel Medical Center is ideally situated in the center of American history, within easy reach to the region’s most vibrant cities. We are a modern and sophisticated destination for diverse lifestyles. Our location is part of the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area and also considered the gateway to the Chesapeake Bay and the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
To learn more about this opportunity to join us, please visit https://www.aamccareers.org/job/8044211/director-surgical-research-regular-full-time-annapolis-md/
Anne Arundel Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace including sexual orientation and gender identity.
Job Title: Senior Research Associate
Company/Organization: Powered Research
Full-Time Senior Research Associate
Powered Research is looking for a full-time Sr. Research Associate for our ophthalmology programs with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task across parallel projects while meeting deadlines. Our company is rapidly growing, and we are looking for a smart, hardworking individual that can grow with us and continuously take on additional responsibilities. This position comes with a benefits package including health insurance, PTO, 401K, and paid company holidays.
- Ability to handle and work with animals (e.g. rodent, rabbit, and swine)
- Oversight and collection of samples as outlined in the study protocol
- Assist with pre-clinical procedures
- Perform anesthesia, monitoring and recovery of all species
- Prepare labels and tubes for tissue collection and storage
- Prepare and process samples for shipment
- Write and maintain SOPs
- Perform data and image analysis as needed
- Continuously communicate and provide on time schedule monitoring to Study Directors and customers
- Ensure proper execution of client studies
- Capacity planning, forecasting, and scheduling across the entire staff
- Serving as liaison between Study Directors, clients, husbandry staff, and surgeons
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree with 2+ years of research experience, or Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years research/laboratory experience specific to preclinical research
- Experience in performing small and large animal models in research
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to learn new scientific research areas
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, Prism)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand deadlines and commitments
- Willingness and ambition to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Ocular experience a plus
Powered Research, LLC.
PO Box 14466
RTP, NC 27709
Justin Prater will be attending this years ASR meeting in Charleston and able to meet with potential applicants.
Job Title: Surgical Technician
Company/Organization: Sinclair Research Center
Sinclair Research offers specialty biomedical research services in a large range of species encompassing most categories of applied human and veterinary medicine. Our uniqueness includes our broad experience, the availability of multiple animal models, and the largest herds of miniature swine in the United States. We strive to retain our customers through competitive cost, strong communication, timeliness, and responsive programs.
We are dedicated to our employees and treat our staff like family. We offer competitive benefits including a bonus program and educational assistance. If you love to be greeted when you walk down the halls, enjoy time with your coworkers socially, and want to get comfy in some scrubs we are the company for you.
What we’re looking for:
Our expertise and services continue to expand and we are excited to add an experienced Surgical Technician to our Veterinary Team. If you love working with animals and enjoy the medical and scientific aspect of veterinary care this is the perfect role for you. You will assist our Staff Veterinarians during operations within a pre-clinical research setting testing for the safety and efficacy of new pharmaceuticals and medical device products. This will include performing diagnostic tests, pre and post-operating preparations, assisting during surgery, placing catheters, conducting radiographs, and handling and preparing surgical specimens for both small and large animals.
What you’ll need:
Two years of surgical experience is required with preference given to those with Surgical Technician and/or Veterinary Technician Certification. The Contract Research Organization is a fast-paced environment inclined towards rapid change and growth. Those with high level communication skills and the abilities to pivot quickly and muti-task will thrive. If you love the challenge of something new every day and being on the go this position IS the next step in your career!
Apply today at SinclairResearch.com/About-Us/Careers