| Wednesday, November 22, 2017
||Meeting Information > Abstract Guidelines
Academy of Surgical Research :: Abstract Guidelines
ACADEMY OF SURGICAL RESEARCH
33rd ANNUAL MEETING
OCT 4-6, 2017 – Las Vegas, NV
Call for Abstracts
The organizers of the 33rd Meeting of the Academy of Surgical Research (ASR) welcome the submission of abstracts.
Abstract Submission Topics
- Animal models
- General, soft tissue
- Education, policy, ethics, or regulation
Abstract Submission Process
Important Dates and general information
- The abstract will be reviewed and later published in the meeting materials, if accepted.
- Scientific sessions will be presented on Thursday, October 5 and Friday, October 6
- A limit of two posters may be presented by one author. Please be sure to have a presenting author register for the meeting.
- Deadline for submission:
June 30, 2017 Deadline Extended August 1, 2017
- Abstracts will be accepted in English only.
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract.
- The abstract text body is limited to 3,000 characters (Approx. 500 words) including spaces.
- Abstracts accepted for presentation may be published electronically in the Journal of Investigative Surgery, the official journal of the Academy of Surgical Research unless authors opt-out. Please make sure to select ahead of time if you are interested in having you’re abstract reviewed for inclusion. The abstract submission process for consideration in JIS will include a more detailed submission form.
- Ensure that all co-authors approve of the abstract submission, publication, and potential presentation.
All abstracts should be formatted into the following sections:
- Introduction: clarifies the motivation for the research presented.
- Methods: provides sufficient detail for others to reproduce what is studied in the research project.
- Results and Discussion: present your key results and discuss the results. This can be combined into one section or they can be split into two sections.
- Conclusion: presents the outcome of the work by interpreting the findings and by relating these findings to the motivation stated in the Introduction. Explain the significance of your findings / outcomes and future implications of the results.
Policies for Abstract Submission
Abstracts should not include libelous or defamatory content. Material presented in abstracts should not violate any copyright laws.
Scientific studies and clinical activities should be performed in keeping with the ethical principles delineated in the following policy documents:
- Institutional Ethical Review for human and/or animal research as appropriate
Abstract Review and Selection Process
Format of presentation
- All submitted abstracts will go through a peer-review process carried out by a review committee.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by at least two referees, selected by the scientific program committee.
- Poster and oral presentations are viewed as equally important components of the ASR meeting.
You may opt to submit an abstract to be considered for an oral presentation, a poster presentation, or either (at the committee’s discretion).
Notification of Acceptance or Rejection to Corresponding Author
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitting (corresponding) author by
July 7, 2017 Deadline Extended August 11, 2017. Please note that only the corresponding author will receive mail concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing all co-authors of the status of the abstract. Authors whose abstracts have been accepted will receive instructions for the presentation of their abstract.
Proposed Abstract Formats
30 minutes (25 min + 5 min Q&A)
on display from October 5-6
Publishable Abstract Submission Form
Short Abstract Submission Form
Once you’ve gathered all required information, submit your completed abstract by following the instructions on the ASR website (Meeting Information ->Abstract Submission). Direct any submission questions to Tracy Ziegelhofer at email@example.com – 732-873-2550 ext. 3156.
2017 ASR Program Committee (click to email):
Email Entire Program Committee Group