Associate Surgical Scientist
We are seeking an Associate Surgical Scientist, Surgical Scientist, or Senior Surgical Scientist for our Surgery and Efficacy Team at our Safety Assessment site located in Mattawan, MI.
This position is responsible for: supporting the Surgery and Efficacy department by performing surgical procedures, study set-up, procedure completion, postoperative
follow-up, and providing mentorship and training to staff. The individual in this role may supervise others, and may also function in the role of a Contributing Scientist, responsible for the development of applicable protocols/plans in accordance with study specific procedures, company standard operating procedures (SOPs), industry regulatory guidelines, and budgetary guidelines as business/scientific needs require.
The minimum qualifications for this position, include, but are not limited to:
- HS/GED in relevant field, with 7 or more years of relevant experience; Surgical Research Specialist (SRS) certification required; or,
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree with 5 or more years of relevant experience; SRS certification required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Demonstrated ability to perform minor surgical procedures and assist with major procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to explain scientific relevance of a surgical model as it relates to the purpose of a study.
- Ability to troubleshoot surgical techniques to preserve the integrity of a study.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints
- Company: Charles River Laboratories
- Position Type: Offered/Available
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Industry: Pharma
- Location: Mattawan, MI, United States