Lead Surgical Technician
We are seeking an experienced Lead Surgical Technician for our Safety Assessment site located in Reno, Nevada.
The Lead Surgical Technician is responsible for intermediate, advanced, and complex surgical procedures. Under the direction of veterinary staff, maintain and monitor the health of animals involving complex instructions and requiring technical expertise.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Lead Surgical Technician position:
- Graduate of collegiate veterinary technology program accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Training Activities or equivalent program in veterinary technology.
- 5+ years related experience working with animals in a pre-clinical laboratory or clinical setting; experience working in a CRO with multi-species preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- SRS certification from the Academy of Surgical Research or equivalent required; AALAS certification at LAT or higher level preferred.
- Must have demonstrated surgical expertise with a variety of animal species. Experience working in a regulatory controlled environment, adhering to SOP’s. Experience in GLP environment preferred. Excellent organizational skills, time management and record keeping. Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to lead independently. Must be proficient in the use of computers (Microsoft Office Suite). Excellent communication skills.
- Company: Charles River Laboratories
- Position Type: Offered/Available
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Industry: CRO
- Location: Reno, NV, United States