Now is a great time to join BD!
We have an exciting opening for a Preclinical Scientist in Raleigh (Research Triangle Park) North Carolina.
BD is one of the biggest global players in the healthcare industry where everyone contributes toward our purpose of advancing the world of health. Our associates tell us that each day they wake up knowing they are going to make a difference. That is because BD products are highly regarded by medical professionals that inspires pride, knowing that people live healthier and happier lives because of what we do.
So, what are you waiting for?
This position reports to the Manager, Pre-Clinical Affairs, and is responsible for providing advanced scientific expertise in the coordination/execution of biomedical animal research studies to aid in the design and development of medical devices.
Essential Duties and Position Responsibilities:
- Integrally involved with all aspects of Pre-Clinical Affairs animal study ( Rodents, Pigs, Sheep are primary subjects) execution including, familiarity with surgery/immunology fundamentals, protocol development, study coordination, scheduling, implementation, data analysis/interpretation, and report writing.
- Leading the Pre-Clinical Affairs efforts of several project teams simultaneously.
- Interfacing with internal Scientists/Engineers, and acting as the Sponsor Study Director at external animal research laboratory facilities.
- Coordinating the preparation/sterilization of appropriate test/control articles for implantation.
- Involvement with Pre-Clinical Affairs study quoting and budgeting as necessary.
- Reviewing scientific literature in order to stay current as needed in the industry.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- BS in veterinary/animal science, biology, physiology, or related field, with a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience (or MS with 2 years) in either an academic, industrial or CRO laboratory setting.
- Strong Data Analysis & Report Writing experience required.
- Familiarity with surgery/immunology fundamentals as evidenced by successful animal study execution within the medical device industry.
- Previous experience as a Pre-Clinical study director/coordinator.
- Experience with analysis/interpretation of medical device histopathology.
- Statistical / Analytical capabilities and familiarity with the use of statistical software.
- Familiarity with anatomy and physiology fundamentals.
- Familiarity with the biological aspects of wound healing.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Must be able to trouble-shoot and problem solve to support successful animal study execution.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Company: Becton Dickinson
- Position Type: Offered/Available
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Industry: Medical Device
- Location: Raleigh - Research Triangle Park, NC, United States