Preclinical Surgical Specialist
Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
We have a great opportunity for a Surgical Specialist to join our team in San Carlos, CA. This role provides surgical support to client studies in an effort to ensure successful study outcomes and client satisfaction. This role requires a strong command of anesthetic management, pre-op and post care, and familiarity with imaging equipment such as fluoroscopy, x-ray, intravascular and transesophageal ultrasound. Due to the interaction between sponsor and Covance departments, strong communication skills are key to this position. The Surgical Specialist should be able to support the OR Supervisor as needed and perform all OR Technician duties.
Covance’s work in developing new therapeutics has an incredible impact on the lives of millions worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work!
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field preferred (preferably Animal Science) or equivalent experience.
- Course work in biology, physiology or veterinary technology preferred or equivalent experience.
- Knowledgeable in anatomy and interventional techniques within the cardio, peripheral and neuro vascular areas.
- Experience with assisting in general surgery, cardiovascular and orthopedic procedures preferred.
- Must have strong command of anesthetic management, pre-op and post case and familiarity with imaging equipment including fluoroscopy, x-ray, intravascular, and transesophageal ultrasound.
- Experience using fluoroscopy and ultrasound equipment (IVUS, ICE, TEE, TTE, Vascular).
- Knowledge of interventional radiology techniques a plus. ASR Certification strongly desired at the SRA for Surgical Specialist preferred or equivalent.
Why People choose to work at Covance
At Covance, it’s our people that make us great – it’s what our clients, our partners and, most importantly, what our employees say. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work with extraordinary people with diverse viewpoints. You’ll discover your own outstanding potential as we build an even stronger organization with industry leaders from early development to the clinic and beyond. We help our clients develop medicines that improve health and improve lives of their family and friends.
If interested, apply on line to www.careers.covance.com req# 2018-26005.