Skip to content
<< Back To Job Board
Senior Surgical TechnologistSro D2022-10-14T08:32:50-05:00
Senior Surgical Technologist
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with and may perform routine surgical procedures as assigned by the Supervisor and/or attending veterinarian. May monitor anesthesia and vitals during procedure
- Set up surgery for assigned studies. Includes preparing surgical packs, instruments, and gowns. Prepares ancillary documents and all necessary supplies for termination of assigned studies.
- Prepares all testing/test article and animals according to written instructions and protocols.
- Performs routine calculations, interprets results, and can route all positive results or unusual testing occurrences to Management.
- Assist with training of new associates or associates learning a new skill/task.
- May prepare and maintain reagents required for testing.
- Maintain ancillary records (logbooks, worksheets).
- Independently conduct routine studies according to written instructions and protocols.
- Participate in the development and improvement of documents, test systems, quality systems, and workflow.
- May stock supplies for testing.
- May perform environmental monitoring and trend data.
- May review reagent preparation worksheets, raw data, and documentation as applicable per primary department.
- Administer the test article or extract at appropriate dose.
- Conduct daily health observations.
- May conduct necropsies.
- Provide suitable care for the welfare of the animals according to written instructions and protocols.
- Awareness of applicable guidelines and regulations appropriate for primary department, these may include USDA, USP, Tripartite, FHSA, CTFA, FSA, ICH, EP, and/or JP.
- Knowledge of research animal physiology, pharmacology, and general animal care.
- Knowledge of metric system, scientific applications, experimental design, and data evaluation.
- Can write technical documents and communications (SOPs, protocols, Trackwise records) with minimal management input.
- Proficient at applicable NAMSA systems (LIMS, Trackwise, MasterControl, etc.) as appropriate per primary department.
- Ability to work in GMP/GLP environment.