***$1000 Sign-On Bonus!***
Together, we are creating a dynamic products and services company, dedicated to supporting research that makes a real difference to people’s lives. Consider joining us as a Surgery Technician in our Surgery Operations department in Indianapolis IN. We are committed to providing our customers with exactly what they need, from outsourced single studies and the supply of animal models and services, to managing complex programs and the development of long term strategic partnerships.
To drive our business forward, we pride ourselves in recruiting the best – professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated people who are passionate about what we do and believe in what we stand for… making a difference in people’s lives.
We are evolving to become an outstanding company that will challenge our competitors and be the best company to work with…and for. Come and join us – we have an exciting future ahead!
We are dedicated to providing the highest quality surgically-modified animals. As a Surgery Technician you will perform IACUC approved aseptic surgical procedures under veterinarian supervision, administrator post-operative analgesia, and monitor post-operative recovery.
How you will contribute to make a difference:
- Perform all surgical procedures as scheduled using aseptic technique
- Assure that animal shipments are timely and accurate.
- Schedule work assignments and coordinate efficient movement of supplies in and out of work area.
- Complete the weekly reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Comply with all relevant Animal Use Protocol’s.
- Assist supervisor in employee training, as needed.
- Actively participate in the determination of root causes of a surgical complaint.
- Actively participate in resolving surgical complaints by recommending corrective and/or preventative actions.
- Suggest improvements to work instructions in accordance with the 3 Rs (Refine, Replace and Reduce).
- Ensure animal welfare, IACUC, and quality standards are met within area of responsibility, which includes compliance to work procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this you? If so, apply today!
- Prefer LAT/LVT certification and at least 2 years of related experience as a surgery technician, senior animal technician, or surgery assistant.
- Minimum, 2 year degree in animal science; pertinent work experience (such as laboratory, veterinary, or surgical experience).
- Ability to read, speak, and understand English.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to use surgical equipment and administer pharmaceuticals.
- Accurately perform arithmetic calculations and record results.
- Work in a standing position that requires bending and stretching of arms and legs.
- Lift and move objects as necessary to complete assigned duties.
Envigo is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
- Company: Envigo
- Position Type: Offered/Available
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Industry: CRO
- Location: Indianapolis, IN, United States