Sinclair Research Center is a rapidly expanding AAALAC accredited preclinical research facility located on 450 acres approximately 15 miles east of Columbia, Missouri. Sinclair’s pre-clinical (non-human) biomedical research trials support the safety and efficacy of novel therapeutics in three main fields: Human health, animal health, and human medical device. Sinclair employs a variety of animal models, and specializes in miniature swine models.
Summary: Our Surgical Technicians are critical in bridging study procedures from Operations to Veterinary Services. They will participate in activities relating to both departments by assisting in surgical procedures, performing minor procedures solo, administering advanced dosing, and performing advanced collection procedures.
- Assist our Staff Veterinarians during various surgical procedures.
- Performs blood collection, catheter placement, sample collection, conduct radiographs and dose administration for multiple species.
- Performs anesthetic induction, monitoring, and recovery during surgical procedures.
- Assist in pre and post-operating preparations of both animals and medical equipment.
- Technicians with previous surgical experience, may perform more advanced surgical procedures, assist in surgical training, and assist in the maintenance of surgical facilities. May also assist in surgical model development, as required.
- Two Years of surgical experience.
- Surgical Technician Certification preferred.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Health insurance including medical, dental, vision, and supplementary insurances
- 401k contributions with employer match
- Profit Sharing