Join The Jackson Laboratory and our Comparative Medicine & Quality (CMQ) Surgical Services group and be responsible for performing common & advanced surgical procedures on mice as well as providing surgical training on and off site!
- Surgical procedures including but not limited to, thymectomy, ovarian transplantation and brain cannulation. Executes all related surgical tasks, including but not limited to, catheter maintenance, surgical post-op checks & shipping.
- Provides surgical training for internal and external customers on and offsite.
- Data Entry, ordering of supplies
- Knowledge of animal anatomy and physiology as would normally be acquired through a BS degree in Animal Science or related field, or 1 year of experience performing rodent surgery.
- Demonstrated ability to perform surgeries on mice while working under a microscope.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends, and occasional travel may be required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work independently, and exercise good judgment in decision-making.
- Proficiency in using MS Office products including Excel
Please include a cover letter of interest and resume!
- Company: The Jackson Laboratory
- Position Type: Offered/Available
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Industry: Industry / CRO
- Location: Bar Harbor, ME, United States