Inotiv, Inc. is a contract research organization that provides pre-clinical research services and monitoring instruments to emerging pharmaceutical companies and medical research organizations. Our focus is on developing innovative services supporting our clients’ discovery and development objectives for improved decision-making and accelerated goal attainment (www.inotivco.com).
Inotiv has an impeccable team of scientists across 6 sites in the United States dedicated to helping our clients gain the insights and answers needed with a range of toxicology services, analysis, bioanalysis, DMPK and medical device research.
Our team in Fort Collins, Colorado is seeking a full-time Veterinarian boarded in Lab Animal Medicine to maintain the health, welfare and regulatory responsibilities of the animals housed within our facility. This position requires a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree and a minimum of 1-3 years relevant experience in a contract research environment. DACLAM preferred.
1. General Duties:
- Perform periodic review of all applicable SOPs to ensure accuracy and confirm procedures are being performed according to SOPs. Participate in SOP writing, reviews, and revisions, as needed
- Complete training requirements as assigned and maintain appropriate training documentation
- Maintain compliance with all policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with GLPs, USDA, AAALAC, OLAW and other applicable regulations
2. Perform clinical evaluations and attend to all animals as requested for health issues and determine appropriate veterinary treatment coordination, diagnostic procedures, and documentation as appropriate.
3. Monitor and address animal health and welfare of study and colony animals
- Perform incoming health checks on animals when received and add to individual health records
- Perform pre-screening activities for study animals including physical and ocular examinations
- Perform or review monthly body weight collection and body condition scoring, and monitor animal status
- Perform or review semi-annual physical exams and blood work, as well as vaccinations, according to the USDA Program of Veterinary Care
4. Monitor working inventory of veterinary supplies needed to maintain the health and welfare of animals
5. Work with Study Directors to ensure study protocols and conduct meet all animal welfare requirements
6. Review and edit study and ACUC protocols for animal welfare compliance
7. Develop and review procedures and technologies as required
8. Participate in study conduct ensuring protocol and SOP compliance
9. Perform surgical procedures on animals as directed in respective protocols or as appropriate for injured animals
10. Develop new surgical techniques and models as needed
11. Perform other duties as assigned
At Inotiv our team members come together in support of an organization focused on delivering the experience, knowledge, and responsiveness demanded from an industry striving to bring new cures to market more safely and faster than ever before. Come join our team!
Salary range begins at $125,000 annually but will be commensurate with experience and responsibilities. Benefits include health and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, paid time off, 401K participation with company match, etc.
Inotiv is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.
- Company: Inotiv
- Position Type: Offered/Available
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Industry: CRO
- Location: Fort Collins, CO, United States