Veterinary Anesthesia Specialist
Veterinary Anesthesia Specialist
Consider Inotiv for your next career move! Our team is known for our preclinical research surgical and scientific expertise, responsiveness to sponsors, exemplary regulatory record and helping our clients meet key milestones. We offer a small company feel where the work is very important and we have fun while performing it.
Inotiv in Fort Collins, Colorado is currently recruiting for a Veterinary Anesthesia Specialist. The successful candidate will maintain a very high standard of care and advise study directors and sponsors on research anesthesia protocols to utilize in standard and critical studies. This exciting opportunity will challenge the right applicant to work with multiple species (rodents, rabbits, cats, dogs, pigs, non-human primates, small ruminants/calves) in a variety of surgical procedures including but not limited to: orthopedics, thoracotomies, laparotomy/laparoscopy/
Job Duties for this position include:
• Review preliminary study plans and advise on appropriate cutting-edge anesthesia specifications to be used in a variety of research study protocols
• Provide pain management from pre-analgesia through intra-operative and post-operative phases
• Conduct anesthesia induction including local and epidural anesthesia or continuous rate infusion technique as appropriate
• Intra-operative monitoring to routinely include: direct blood pressure, ECG, pulse oximetry, end-tidal CO2. As needed monitoring to include: Activated clotting time, blood gases, Swan-Ganz cardiac output and central venous pressure.
• Conduct and oversee post-operative recovery, care, and monitoring. Reliably handle post-op case management.
• Conduct post-operative clinical observations and treatments (scheduled and non-scheduled)
• Provide training and technical oversight in principles and techniques of anesthesia induction, monitoring, anesthesia recovery, and post-operative care with special emphasis on analgesia
• Facilitate non-GLP and GLP surgical studies
Education and Experience:
• Veterinary anesthesia experience in a veterinary specialty clinic or university veterinary hospital, including experience handling critical and emergency cases
• Credentialed Veterinary Technician (CVT, LVT or RVT) or equivalent experience
• Surgical Research Anesthetist, SRA (Academy of Surgical Research) certification or
Veterinary Technician Specialist, AVTAA strongly preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Congenial team player
• A confident problem-solver able to respond quickly in difficult situations
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong sense of integrity able to maintain highest ethical standards
• Understanding of GLP regulations and ability to apply these daily
• Ability to work early morning hours and some long shifts; overtime may be required at times
• Familiar with and able to comply with GLPs, USDA, AAALAC, OLAW, DEA and other applicable regulations
Bioanalytical Systems, d/b/a Inotiv provides top-tier in vivo toxicology, pharmacology, drug metabolism, bioanalysis, pharmacokinetic, and surgical and medical device discovery and development solutions. www.inotivco.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance; 401(K) plan with employer match; employer contribution to HSA; childcare FSA option; paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick leave; Linked In Learning membership; and an innovative, contemporary workplace.