Veterinary Surgical Research Specialist
Kelly Outsourcing Consulting Group Kelly OCG , a managed solution provider and business unit of Kelly Services, Inc., is currently seeking a Veterinary Surgical Research Specialist for a long-term engagement at one of our Global medical device clients in Cincinnati, Ohio area. This role is a full-time, fully benefitted position. As a Kelly OCG employee you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K and a variety of other benefits to choose from. You will also be eligible for paid time off, including holiday, vacation and sick/personal time.
Salary is based on experience.
- Attend didactic sessions (i.e., anatomy and fundamentals)
- Demonstrate proficiency during testing to ensure understanding
- Attend and execute research labs w/ Proctored evaluation
- After competency is proven, execute introductory level labs as designated by the Principal Scientist, Preclinical Surgeon.
- Ability to perform labs independently, both on site and at external sites.
- Interact with the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee.
- Interact with external regulatory bodies, such as the USDA.
- A background in animal sciences is preferred
- Associates degree in a related field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Advanced degree (D.V.M or V.M.D) or SRS certification highly desirable.
- Certification as a Surgical Research Specialist through the Academy of Surgical Research is desired or Obtain Certification through the Academy for Surgical Research within 3 years of hire date
- At least two years of experience in a scientific field or surgical environment.
- Preferred experience performing surgical procedures or assisting surgical procedures on various animal species.
- Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
To learn more about Kelly OCG please visit www.kellyocg.com